Thursday, March 23, 2017

"day" 355

yeah, sooooooo.....

It's been a ridiculously long time since I've posted and I've felt guilty (over the past.... errr... 5 YEARS) that I didn't finish the Jessness project. It's been so long, that some of you won't even know what the heck "Jessness" is! I'd like to complete what I had started (and was SUPER-CLOSE to finishing) even though I didn't follow the one and only rule: post a photo of myself every day for a year.... yeah, that was back in 2011 ... man, I didn't just bend that rule, I broke that shit. and stomped on it. burned it. then used the ashes as war paint.

The purpose of the blog was to force myself to be more comfortable in front of the camera by posting a photo of myself every single day for an entire year... (which made a bit of sense to me and those that knew me as a body with a camera attached to my face, I hid behind it)... well, that can be super-boring so I decided to say a little something... anything, a caption, a sentence or two, a paragraph or sometimes a huuuuuuge page. Some posts were happy, some were sad and raw, there was a death, a crime, me naked *shhhhh*, an afterparty, as you can tell most were probably pretty boring ;) whatever they were, they were ALL ME, they were all true and (looking back) unfortunately, they often had a filter much like rose-colored glasses.

I've fought with myself and decided not to go back and delete the ones where I was CLEARLY being an overly optimistic, mushy-mush dummy... Like the post right before this one, looked pretty happy, right? Everything is cool, right? NO! It wasn't cool at all, but we can talk about that later. Moving right along...

TODAY

I've gone through my whole life feeling out of whack with what the "in" thing is... What kind of clothes I'm "supposed" to be wearing or the latest makeup trends and I'm totally okay with that... Then I realized that in the last week, two 20 something co-workers came in with their hair dyed grey (wtf?!) So.... I guess without even trying, I'm finally in style ;) hahaha!

Hopefully wrinkles will be the next "in" thing <3
...also, why won't my phones camera allow me to have wrinkles??..



1 comment: